• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

What's your motivation?

Bomboclat

Bluelight Crew
My new years resolution is to get in shape and drop this whole aids patient look. Its just out of style u knoe~~~

I know what to do in the gym, and I know what the results will be; I know why I should work out, and I know I need to work out, but I just dont have the motivation to get into the gym every day and do some work.

So what keeps you motivated?

deciding to do something difficult is like making a promise to yourself. i never want to pike on an explicit promise to anyone else, so why should i pike on myself? what am i if i don't follow through on a good decision?

just do it, i guess i kept telling myself. it's uncomfortable, it can be painful, but not doing it is worse.

it's what got me through my studies.

When you get into shape, you're suddenly able to flex muscles you never knew you had. You look awesome (sans AIDS patient!), feel great, and have more energy. You also get lots of looks from potentials!

Great thing to be motivated for, imo!

Sometimes, I'm not. I've been going to the gym sporadically since October and consistently everyday for the past two weeks but I don't wake up in the morning and go, Fuck yeah! I'm going to go to the gym today! I just do it. I just go because ffs I'm not doing anything else with my life right now and maybe, just maybe, that whole "more energy/confidence/bitches" thing will catch up to me sooner or later.

The feeling after a long, intense work-out is absolutely euphoric in my opinion.

my motivation is the depression and anxiety which will come creeping back if i dont do a good 1 hour of physical exertion every day

if i miss that too often then i go back into my black hole which i am very afraid of

choice words(NLP - using positive language to influence myself - you use negtive statements on motivation and therefore get negative results).

Apart from just wanting to improve myself on all energy levels being a major motivator - knowing I will be a role model for a large number of people in my community - I've seen people's attitudes changing in a big way this past year.

And lastly the visions I've had of what my body will look like sometime in the next few years - hench. It therefore doesn't matter I don't see quick results like when I used to hit the gym, the way I'm working on myself will be healthier in the long run, it's all about accepting it's a gradual process, instead of going for quicker fixes which burn out the life force quicker.

My new years resolution is to get in shape and drop this whole aids patient look. Its just out of style u knoe~~~

I know what to do in the gym, and I know what the results will be; I know why I should work out, and I know I need to work out, but I just dont have the motivation to get into the gym every day and do some work.

So what keeps you motivated?
also, unlike myself, I've never thought you looked like an AID patient. Bit of puppy fat sometimes even haha.

my motivation is the depression and anxiety which will come creeping back if i dont do a good 1 hour of physical exertion every day

if i miss that too often then i go back into my black hole which i am very afraid of

Yeah that's my current motivation with exercise, if I don't do a significant amount of exertion every day, I can guarantee that night I will have insomnia bad and feel emotionally very low. That horrible feeling is luckily enough to get me off my arse. There's also the motivation to stay slim and possibly get a better physique so I can sex hot girls :p

^ this, minus the sexing the hot girls, although I could possibly use this as motivation to get my bf off his ass.

I signed up to do a 10k with friends in April. I'm screwed if I don't go to the gym. I also do yoga at home for depression and fibromyalgia, just a cheap app on my tablet, gets me doing something when I can't drag myself out the door to workout.

You've already made the decision to work out so you have the motivation, you just need to feed it. Just keep thinking about those reasons you already have.

Few tips - the first week is always the hardest and because of the pain and tiredness it makes it incredibly easy to throw in the towel straight away. Push through because once you get used to it the hurtful pain goes away and then youll notice there'll be a new kind of pain, an enjoyable one.
Make sure you have your diet worked out, without it you will see no results.
Don't be a pussy, stick to free weights as much as you can.
Get a gym buddy or at the very least get people at the gym to spot you, you will gain much quicker with some guided assistance and even quicker with a buddy to keep your motivation high.

I started out at a measly 60kg, didn't look good. It's an advantage though because any muscle gained is seen straight away and definition goes much farther than size. I packed on 15kg of muscle and it completely transformed my entire life. I received more respect from strangers, felt more comfortable and confident, received a HUGE amount of attention from girls - for the first time ever I had my pick AND I had a lot to choose from :Feels good man: it's a different life being fit, once you experience it youll be a changed man. Seriously, doors open and opportunities just appear for you.

To help me keep on track I go to the gym after work as I have more energy then, morning sessions? Fuck that. No energy. Also get onto this, it'll make you want to work out, good stuff http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/clabs/flood.html

Check out my posts from the nudie thread if you wanna see how I transformed myself and hit me up if you want a good training routine to follow and diet too. I did all the hard work already and worked out a good 4000 calorie per day diet made of 40% protein, 40% carbs and 20% fat (very fast metabolism here). My diet is decent on the budget as well, running at around $250 per month for all my meals.

Good luck man!

^^

Oh yeah that's a big motivating factor I forgot to mention: improving self-esteem. Like just today I went to the local shop and the cute girl behind the counter asked if I was the "big-guy" who used to always come in and buy muesli and yoghurt, and I said yes that's probably me. She then said that's incredible as I've lost an unbelievable amount of weight (which is true, my parents were shocked when they last saw me) and she could barely recognize me, but that I now looked "very fit and healthy" and then wanted tips on how to do it... I think I might ask her on a date when I see her next :D. Having someone randomly compliment you like that really does make what would otherwise be an average day, a good day, and puts you in the frame of mind to continue on this path and push your goals even further.

It's also very true that people in general treat you better and with more respect... you get more people smiling at you for some reason.

So yeah all of this greatly helps your mood and self-esteem, and I'm beginning to realize more and more just how important a strong self-esteem is (a pretty slow learner here at 25, but better late than never). In this way being in shape can help in other aspects of your life, such as confidence and lowering anxiety.

Having said that I still have a long way to go, as so far it's just been having the right diet, and going for long walks and daily swims at the beach coupled with lots of push-ups and other similar things. Now I know why gym-junkies practically strut around like they're the offspring of Zeus himself, their self-esteem has exploded to incredible heights, haha. :) One day I'll join them.

"It takes 40 Days To change or break a habit. 90 Days To confirm a new habit. 120 Days, The new habit is who you are. 1000 Days - You have mastered the new habit."
No idea whose original observation this was, but I got it off kundalini-yoga-info.com

My motivation is hating how I look - it forces me to go to the gym, (try to) eat less junk food...not necessarily the healthiest motivator when it comes to mental health but it does work, to a certain extent :\

^ let go of it. Find new ways. Narcissism at it's worst. I used to use that one personally - getting to the point where you are comfortable with where you are, but know you could be HEALTHIER (not aesthetically "better"), when you look in the mirror is key.

Last edited:
Its all about gettn big n lookin good. That mindset is enough to keep me motivated. Also ima run a cycle ina few weeks. My order came in I'm doin test cyp with deca. After that ima take a month off n run a cutting cycle prob gonna go with winstrol. Lookin at anavar and that stuff is so damn expensive. So that's the plan bulk n cut.

The cycles ima run will keep me motivated to the fullest extent to keep a very clean diet and to hit the gym. Results should be amazing and when summer time hits ima be lookin my best n go to the beach n do nothin but fuck bitches n party haha.

^ let go of it. Find new ways. Narcissism at it's worst. I used to use that one personally - getting to the point where you are comfortable with where you are, but know you could be HEALTHIER (not aesthetically "better"), when you look in the mirror is key.

How is my motivation being not liking how I look more narcissistic than if it were wanting to be healthy? I don't really see what narcissism has to do with this :?
Of course I consider health as well but in the meantime, as a self-conscious female teenager I'm not gonna pretend my physical appearance isn't of concern to me. I don't know if it's possible to be 19 and care just about your health and not your appearance tbh :p

Whats my motivation? I have nothing else to do.. when i returned from overseas earlier this month, my computer which has been for the most part the center of my universe, where i would spend countless hours watching movies, playing games and procrastinating suddenly wouldn't work anymore; i believe the PSU shorted, but i took this as a sign to start making changes and been more active in life especially after what the world showed me while i was travelling - 'Currently using a very limited laptop for internet'

So i started a full body workout routine that i follow every second day for 40-50mins, and have stacked up on high protein food and carbohydrates. I figure i have all this time and energy i may aswell put it into my physical appearance and fitness while i work and save to go traveling again. Plus its a good distraction from my Ex, and it makes me feel good about myself.

my mother keeps me. and my brother reminds me, my little brother. i know if i do, go and do the things i dont "feel" like doing, it'll make me a greater person, and i want my family to have a greater person on their hands.